This week’s news includes the arrival of Amazon’s octocopter prototype, China seeking to limit drone usage in populated areas, and other recent developments in UAV regulations and usage.
• Amazon released a video of the new octocopter delivery drone prototype. (Amazon.com)
• The FAA has a new drone safety campaign. (UAS Vision)
• AUVSI expressed support for the proposed UAS registration process put forth earlier this month. (pobonline.com)
• Efforts to solve the challenges of UAS traffic management are well underway. (Patrick C. Miller, UAS Magazine)
• Business drones will cause data management issues for CIOs. (Paul Rubens, CIO)
• What comes after the drone registration committee’s recommendations? (Jonathan Rupprecht, sUAS News)
• China is limiting drone usage in populated areas. (Daniel Van Boom, c|net)