This week’s news includes data management for drones, a few Section 333 exemptions, and other recent developments in UAV regulations and usage.
- CNN and Microsoft received Section 333 exemptions from the FAA for more UAS platforms. (Gary Mortimer, sUAS News)
- Making the case for drones in commercial markets. (Matt Burns, TechCrunch)
- The FAA granted a Section 333 exemption for a gasoline-powered UAV. (UAV Factory press release)
- A CA Highway Patrol helicopter trailing a stolen car almost collided with a drone. (The Press Democrat)
- DroneCloud is a new data management service for drones launching in Japan. (Shintaro Eguchi, VentureBeat)
- Some universities are adding UAS degrees. (Tom Banse, Voice of America)
- Why drone delivery won’t be taking off in the UK anytime soon. (Charlotte Jee, Techworld)