This week’s news includes reactions to the FAA’s registration rules, along with other recent developments in UAV regulations and usage around the globe.
• The Los Angeles Times’ editorial board urges authorities to catch up and get ahead on drone regulations. (Los Angeles Times)
• Virginia Tech expands UAS testing. (Virginia Tech News)
• Could new drone registration fees cause a crash in sales? (Jonathan Vanian, Fortune)
• New technology is making drones more affordable. (Taryn Luna, The Boston Globe)
• Japan prepares to ground hobbyist drones in urban areas. (Tomoko Otake, The Japan Times)
• DJI Japan is set to train 10,000 pilots over the next three years. (Mariko Tai, Nikkei Asian Review)
• Albany will hold a public hearing on drone use in the county. (news10.com)